Friday, January 20, 2012

Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 41 : Makeover Bread Pudding, Crêpe Suzette Bread pudding

 
 Due to the flood, Chicken Farm Baker's Project was out of service for 2 months, ^^, but now when everything back to almost normal (hehe) here we are again.

Crêpe Suzette Bread pudding 
 This month, Bon (host of the project) wanted to play with something simple, like bread pudding!!! The point is to make this dessert more special, ^^ .
When I know that we have to make the bread pudding, I think about many flavor that I want to put into it. Finally I realize that all I want from this dessert is to make it fresher, not weighting you down after eating. So, I choose to use orange as the key ingredient in my bread pudding, and when I think about orange I can't help but think about Crêpe Suzette too.  
I always want to make Crêpe Suzette but still didn't make it, haha, why? I don't know. So instead of making the original Crêpe Suzette I make "Crêpe Suzette Bread pudding". I serve it with vanilla ice cream, to make it more balance (first, I think about orange sorbet, but I think it will be too much). 
My sister (my tester, ^^), told me that she really love the sauce, and I like it too, the flavor of orange and caramel are more delicious when they come together and the richness from the butter, oh!, I think you must try.




Crêpe Suzette Bread pudding 



Orange bread pudding
6slices ..............................  Fruit and nut baguette (3/4 inch thick)
2 ....................................... Eggs
50g .................................. Brown sugar
1/2tsp ............................. Vanilla extract
1cup ................................. Milk
1cup ................................. Whipping cream
1/4cup ............................. Candied orange, chopped


Crêpe Suzette sauce
60g .................................. Granulated sugar
100g ................................ Orange juice
1tsp .................................. Orange zest, finely chopped
25g ................................... Butter


For serving
.......................................... Vanilla ice cream
.......................................... Candied orange peel
.......................................... Icing sugar


 Cut the baguette into small cubes, mix all the ingredient together, cover with plastic warp and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 180°C 
Line 15x15 cm pan with non-stick baking paper.
Pour the bread pudding mixture into the pan, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top of the bread pudding is golden brown.


Make Crêpe Suzette sauce:
Warm the orange juice (you can use microwave, put the cup in the microwave and heat for 40seconds to 1 minutes).
Put the sugar in medium saucepan, place the pan over medium heat, cook until the sugar begins to melt and caramelize, pour the warm orange juice into the pan stir to combine (the caramel will boil up and may splatter out of the pan, be careful). Turn of the heat and stir in the butter.


To serve:
Place the bread pudding on a plate and dust with icing sugar, serve with vanilla ice cream, candied orange peel and a lot of sauce.


Crêpe Suzette Bread pudding 

Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 41 : 
Makeover Bread Pudding, Crêpe Suzette Bread pudding 

7 comments:

  1. Waw...i loved..so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwatering here, wat a terrific and super tempting pudding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't even look at it, it'll make me crazy. Aghhh... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    May I know what is candied orange? For the orange juice, do you use fresh squeezed juice or those ready-made carton juice in supermarket?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I have another query. Can I use normal french stick/Baguette, then put dried fruit into the ingredient to mix for the pudding? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candied orange is a sliced orange that had been boil in heavy syrup and the orange juice I use the ready made.
    And yes you can use normal baguette for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...